Sunday, November 13, 2005

my idiotic dog has to die..

Max is a brilliant dog, at least to me. He has been a great companion for the past 9 years. With his ever trying vigor of becoming a royalty, he has been proud and arrogant to the other dogs in the neighborhood.

So they fought under the bright sun of one humid Sunday, for the Piala Seri Anjing 2005.

Max lost. 10-0.

Came home broken spirit and wounded, he was given a welcome-home bonanza by getting spankings from me a gazillion times for trying to be Genghis Khan. His spirit was probably even more shattered then.

By night, he ignored the world. Not feeding his appetite – even when given meat. Not taking a sip of water and not letting out a pile of shit at all.

He just slept there, broken and tired.

By the next day, the same condition continued. We were figuring what’s the big fuss about winning this damn fucking piala. His feet were cold and he was shivering. We thought there might be an infection in his wounds. So we fed him glucose and then he had some energy to stand up, albeit shakily like an old man and went towards the gate and pee.

We clapped our hands. He slowly walked back towards us and slept again.

Next day, the condition just turned worse. He was frail and really flabby whenever we touched him. Even fireworks display, he gave no damn to them. Usually a huge performance of problematic attitude will be displayed whenever fireworks were exploding in the skies. And he’ll get spanked with equivalent magnitude of his performance.

Went to the vet, only then we found out Max had a fever. That’s why he was lying there like a salted fish. So it’s not about broken spirit or Piala Seri Anjing. It’s just that he has fever and has no mood for socializing.

After treatment, he reverted to his original copyrighted demonic form again.

And just this morning, at about 8.20am, he ran out and battled for the fucking piala again. Damn it, it wasn’t me bringing him around this time, else I would have known what to do. It was my dad and my dad tried to hold him back and that overzealous bastard dog punctured my dad’s palm at least half an inch deep and pulled the wound with his teeth sunk deep inside. So the wound is about 2 inches in length. Bleeding profusely, my dad has to gallop home and wake me up to stop him.

So I went in Godspeed. And that bastard saw me and he knew his chances of claiming his lost piala is near zero again. So he came back still gallantly yet very, very furious. I was scolding him, verbally, and of course he understands, and he tried to bite me in return. Thank God for those over the years practice, I dodged quickly and gave him my kungfu right in the face. He then stopped his bullshits and surrendered with his copyrighted ‘sorry’ by shaking hands with you. But I did not accept his apology. It has been happening for more than it should and stern action should be taken long time ago.

Why am I writing this? One is that this is a pre-memorial kind of thing since I am putting Max to sleep at the vet’s. His violent behavior can never be tolerated and accommodated by anyone, anymore. Two is to let others know that once a dog has fought before, the chances of it recurring again is high. It has something to do with their thirst for blood/victory or revenge shits like that. So Max will be gone soon, for good.

From this experience, I will never wanna keep a pet anymore in the future. The joy it brings comes with just as much shits. Scooby will be the last dog for me, for my life. Max has been a great dog for 9 years but I guess it’s time for him to take a rest. So don’t be surprise when you see only a dog in my house.

Bye Max.




Latest: I gave a call to the SPCA and the vet to consult them about putting dogs to sleep. From the vet, the charges will be RM70 for the lethal injection and RM70 for burial. From the SPCA, a good lecture from an Indian lady who said I am not being fair to Max…etc. I told my dad about it, obviously we are left with only the RM140 from the vet since the SPCA is not willing to go against their own policy. So, dad heard the price tag- RM140. His eyes were then blinking with money and he realized his blood were not worth RM140, so he said he has forgiven Max. See? Money changes people’s heart, very easily. So Max is here to stay for the next 5 years unless he joins another battle-for-the-piala.

2 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

ever heard of the nickname "Mad Max" ?

11:13 PM  
Blogger greyhound said...

Hey Paul,

I abandoned this blog like a while ago already. LOL. Anyway, glad to be in touch with you again. My msn is greyhound_84@yahoo.com and my mobile has changed to 016-2321712. take care and see u around. and thanks.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home